- The tasks and competence of the committees are specified in the Constitution of the Wielkopolska Region (Resolution no. 16/201/2003 of the Wielkopolska Regional Parliament of 24 November 2003 concerning the adoption of the Constitution of the Wielkopolska Region), Chapter 3: Parliament Committees
Public notice of the Wielkopolska Regional Parliament of 17 December 2012 on the publication of the consolidated text of the Constitution of the Wielkopolska Region (consolidated text Official Journal of the Region of 2013, item 431).
- The Committee is obliged to help the Regional Parliament in its works. For this purpose, the Regional Parliament appoints standing and ad hoc committees. These are subordinated to the Regional Parliament and present it with framework work plans and reports.
- Committees are composed of the members of Regional Parliament exclusively, and their Chairs and Vice-Chairs are chosen by the Regional Parliament.
- Committees work during meetings subject to a framework action plan adopted by the Regional Parliament. Meetings may be attended by other invited persons. Minutes are prepared after each meeting.
- All settlements during committees' work are agreed upon by means of a voting in the presence of at least half of the committee members in an open ballot. Only committee members are entitled to vote.
Current Committees of the Regional Parliament:
- BUDGET COMMITTEE
- EDUCATION AND SCIENCE COMMITTEE
- ECONOMY COMMITTEE
- CULTURE COMMITTEE
- PHYSICAL CULTURE AND TOURISM COMMITTEE
- ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AND WATER MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE
- SPATIAL PLANNING AND TECHNICAL INFRASTRUCTURE COMMITTEE
- AUDIT COMMITTEE
- FAMILY AFFAIRS AND SOCIAL POLICY COMMITTEE
- AGRICULTURE AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE
- COMPLAINTS, APPLICATIONS AND PETITIONS COMMITTEE
- STATUTORY COMMITTEE
- REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT POLICY AND INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION COMMITTEE
- HEALTH AND PUBLIC SAFETY COMMITTEE