International Cooperation Bureau
International Cooperation Bureau is in charge of coordinating and monitoring international cooperation of the regional self-government with regional self-government structures in other countries, with international entities, regional associations and international chains; initiating contact of international entities and institutions from the territory of the region with foreign partners; conducting organisational and substantive supervision over preparation and arrangement of international visits for representatives of the Wielkopolska Region self-government and visits of the representatives of cooperating regions and international institutions in Wielkopolska; taking care of the regional self-government's public image abroad and cooperating within actions connected with promotion of the Wielkopolska Region on an international scale carried out by the Marshal Office.
International Cooperation Bureau in particular:
- takes actions aimed at establishing cooperation between the Wielkopolska Region and regions of the EU states as well as other selected worldwide regions.
- initiates, coordinates and monitors cooperation carried out by particular Departments of the Marshal Office within the scope of actions enhancing European integration and international cooperation of the Wielkopolska Region.
- conducts organisational and substantive supervision over preparation and arrangement of international visits for representatives of the regional self-government and visits of the representatives of cooperating regions and international institutions in Wielkopolska.
- cooperates with the government and parliamentarians, with social and political institutions, trade unions and non-governmental organisations within the scope of regional promotion and international cooperation.
- supports communes and counties of the Wielkopolska Region as well as institutions of social life in establishing international cooperation.
- prepares plans of cooperation with partner regions of the Wielkopolska Region – based on proposals put forward by particular Departments of the Marshal Office.
- elaborates regional legal acts which regulate its position in international policy (in cooperation with relevant ministries of the Polish government).
- coordinates matters connected with membership of the Wielkopolska Region in international associations of regional communities and in other forms of regional cooperation.
- cooperates with national and international institutions and organisations, Polish diplomatic representations abroad and representations of foreign countries in Poland.
- cooperates within the scope of actions connected with promotion of the Wielkopolska Region on an international scale carried out by the Marshal Office.
al. Niepodległości 34
secretariat - room 557
Phone No.: +48 61 626 66 50
Fax No.: +48 61 626 66 51