Wielkopolska Regional Parliament international activities
Pursuant to article 18 of the Act of June 5, 1998 on regional government and the Act of September 15, 2000 on the principles of joining international local and regional associations by local and regional government units, the exclusive competences of the Regional Parliament of the Wielkopolska Region include:
- Adopting "International cooperation priorities of the Wielkopolska Region",
- Adopting resolutions concerning membership in international regional associations and other forms of regional cooperation.
The prerogatives listed above determine the position of the Parliament of the Wielkopolska Region as a body playing the key role in determining the relations with foreign partners of the Wielkopolska Region.In addition, the Regional Development Policy and International Cooperation Commission plays a significant role in this process. Its members deal, among other things, with:
- determining priorities of international cooperation;
- enhancing and supporting activities in the area of regional promotion abroad;
- cooperation with international organisations;
- giving opinions on documents determining relations with foreign partners;
- cooperation with institutions responsible for managing EU funds.
Every year, the International Cooperation Bureau presents to the Parliament of the Wielkopolska Region and the Regional Development Policy and International Cooperation Commission an annual report on international cooperation and the plan for the forthcoming year.