The tasks of the International Cooperation Bureau include coordinating and monitoring international cooperation of the regional government with the structures of regional governments in other countries and with international entities, regional associations and international networks, initiating international contacts between entities and institutions from the region and foreign partners, organisational and content-related supervision of preparation and organisation of foreign visits of representatives of the regional government and visits of representatives of partner regions and foreign institutions in the Wielkopolska Region, taking care of the public image of the regional government abroad and co-operation in the area of promotion of the Wielkopolska Region on the international arena conducted by the Marshal Office.
The International Cooperation Bureau in particular:
- Undertakes initiatives aimed at undertaking cooperation between the Wielkopolska Region and regions of EU Member States and other selected regions of the world.
- Initiates, coordinates and monitors cooperation conducted by individual departments of the Marshal Office within the area of initiatives strengthening European integration and foreign cooperation of the Wielkopolska Region.
- Conducts organisational and content-related supervision of preparation and organisation of visits of Wielkopolska Region Goverment abroad and visits of representatives of partner regions and foreign institutions in Wielkopolska.
- Cooperates with governmental administration and MPs, with social and political institutions, trade unions and non-governmental organisations in the area of regional promotion and international cooperation.
- Supports communes and districts of the Wielkopolska Region and social life institutions in establishing international cooperation.
- Prepares cooperation plans with partner regions of the Wielkopolska Region based on proposals presented by individual departments of the Marshal Office.
- Prepares the regional legal acts, which regulate its position in the international policy (in cooperation with appropriate ministries of the government of the Republic of Poland).
- Coordinates matters connected with Wielkopolska Region membership in international associations of regional communities and other forms of regional cooperation.
- Cooperates with national and international institutions and organisations, Polish diplomatic representations abroad and foreign representations in Poland.
- Cooperates in the area of activities connected with promotion of the Wielkopolska Region on the international arena conducted by the Marshal Office.